Finally today I managed to find how using Linphone I can use SmartVoip SIP details and make calls. In this article I'll mention how to configure Linphone to use your SmartVoip account details on Ubuntu 9.10 a.k.a "Karmic Koala" with a hope that it will help some poor soul like me who is looking for really easy to configure softphone to use SmartVoip on Ubuntu. So here it goes...
- Get Linphone. Either download it from http://www.linphone.org/ OR use Ubuntu Software Center to download and install it easily.
- Once installed open Linphone...
- Open preferences from Linphone menu, select "Manage SIP Accounts" and click Add button
- In above "Configure a SIP account" enter information of your SmartVoip account as below...
- Your SIP identity: sip:<SmartVoip UserName>@smartvoip.com. Replace <SmartVoip UserName> with your SmartVoip user name.
- SIP Proxy address: sip:sip.smartvoip.com
- Leave rest of the fields as is and click Ok.
- Your SmartVoip SIP details are now configured with Linphone.
Now you can start making calls to other SIP phone or call to any mobile or land line number using your SmartVoip account.